Monday, November 22, 2010

White Rabbit Gallery

Entry Fee:
FREE

Opening Hours:
Thursday-Sunday | 10am - 6pm

Location:
30 Balfour St Chippendale NSW 2008 Australia

White rabbit art theme:
its all about chinese contemporary art. and some of the masterpiece is talk about social matters in china, some of it talk about human and nature, and some talk about politics in their masterpiece.

My favourite piece of art:
























Artist :Li ting ting
Born: Shanxi province, 1982

this painting if we not pay attention clearly, we just see like this is a beautiful painting or that's it. but when u see it closely, u can see that this is not only like just ordinary water colour painting. the artisit used the rice paper material and water based ink and its not a easy task, as i already try it before in my hometown. I like the technique that she used in this painting, look easy but actually hard to be done.


in here I feel the artisit wants to show about movement of live and if we take a look, we can see this painting upside down and the object in this painting(toys) still can be recognize.



My least favourite piece of art:
















artist: Chen Chunmu
Born: Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, 1981

i don't like this painting because it makes me feel disgusting and scarry at the same time. i like the technique that this artisit used but i dont like the figures that he paint. seems like dead chicken and its hard for me to get the message from this paintings.


My first feeling when I go to white rabbit gallery is, excited. From the first when i entered the gallery i already amazed by the red statue done by the Wang Jiuliang near the entries door. I was shocked but later I feel hungry at the same time because the smell of the toast from the tea room that this gallery have. but after we start the tour i'm getting more excited by the masterpiece that the chinese artist done. it's all amazing and some got the deeper meaning inside their masterpiece. each artist got different technique. I'm impressed because i just realized that some of the artist still young and they already can express about their thought about their country china. I enjoy this short tour.

the beneficial from this excursion for me is, I can know about the condition in china and how the artist shows it through their art.

No comments:

Post a Comment